Monday, December 17, 2012

Whaaaat, two weeks in a row?

I know, for those of you who actually check this, I'm sure you were thinking, "there's not a chance she'll post two weeks in a row, but I'll just waste the 2.7 seconds it takes to type the link..."  Lucky you.   And yes, I stayed up an extra 14 minutes just so I could post this on Tuesday.

Making Christmas goodies for a sweet little baby is super contagious.  It feels like you have one shot to do all of these things that your child will pay attention to forever.  I remember checking our Christmas tree every year from age 4 - probably too old to see if my "Baby's First Christmas" ornament had been carefully placed.  It was such a comforting sight, creating a sense of feeling loved, celebrated, and belonging.  I don't know if boys operate the same way (are there any boys who read this who want to weigh in?), but on the slight chance that they do I wanted to be prepared.

A quick search for Baby's First Christmas ornaments on pinterest and there's no way you won't find this one.  It appeared to be quick, easy, and relatively non-invasive for a 6 month old.  All of those things were true, and with a lot of help from Dad we were able to knock this out in a few (maybe a few plus a few) minutes.  Our version required a few changes (our local Michael's didn't have transparent ornaments), but the final product is very similar.  Here's the original pin and our result (apologies for the dark pic - our townhouse makes finding good lighting a real struggle).  Love it.  Hope Davis does too!


No comments:

Post a Comment